"I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good, either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be."
My college did this thing today where they laid out the backpacks of students who have committed suicide. This is just a small portion of some of them. On top of the backpacks was a brief summary of who they were. Some backpacks even had things in them that bypassers could look at. Don’t ignore the signs of others.
"Ten Things I Know to Be True:
1. I have tried to die more times than I’d like to admit.
2. I think there is a reason why I keep failing. (I really hope there is a reason why I keep failing.)
3. I think maybe it’s not because I’m bad at dying, but because I’m really good at surviving.
4. Opening my veins did nothing to let the sadness out of me.
5. Being physically empty did not make me feel any less emotionally empty.
6. Deciding to get better was the hardest decision I’ve ever made.
7. Deciding to get sick again was the easiest.
8. I am not a soldier in this illness. I do not have to die for my cause.
9. I have shaky hands and weak knees, but that does not mean I am not strong.
10. I am not worthless."